Nottingham Foundation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albert's National Day homework

2 posters

Go down

Albert's National Day homework Empty Albert's National Day homework

Post  albert Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Dear teacher:
I have some questions about Britain. As we all know the UK is famous for its fog, and I want to know about when the fog is thick? The dawn the daytime or the night? Temperate maritime climate is cool, in my opinion. So what kind of clothes are the people wear in the four seasons, is very clod in summer?
And I know London is famous for the double-decker buses. Is convenience for people to take buses or the other public transport? And I want to know about the public’s remark about the London subway bombings, which happened five years ago! The public is panic or not?
That is all my questions. Thank you.

albert

Back to top Go down

Albert's National Day homework Empty Re: Albert's National Day homework

Post  Admin Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi Albert,

I'm afraid your image of Britain is a bit out of date. It's actually not foggy at all. There used to be a lot of smog around London because of the coal factories and power stations, but now these have mostly closed down and the smog has gone. The weather is unpredicatble so bring waterproof clothing and pack an umbrella.

London has a good public transport system. In fact, few people drive a car there because it is very expensive. The public reacted in a calm manner after the 7/7 bombings. I went on the subway the next day and many people went on with life as normal. Of course, it was a shock, but London is a multicultural city which never stops. Muslims in London were quick to condemn the actions of the terrorists and people united together in helping each other and being vigilant about suspicious behaviour. London stations have a lot of security and surveillance cameras to prevent further attacks.

Andrew

Admin
Admin

https://nottinghamfoundation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down