Nottingham Foundation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homework:Questions about England.

2 posters

Go down

Homework:Questions about England. Empty Homework:Questions about England.

Post  Shizhenrong Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm Shirley.From Class1
Here are the questions:
1 What should we take if we go to Britain?
2 Which is cheaper,renting a room or living in a dormitory?
3 When I study in Britain,what should I pay attention to?

Shizhenrong

Back to top Go down

Homework:Questions about England. Empty Re: Homework:Questions about England.

Post  Admin Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi Shirley,

1. A couple of suggestions:
Remember to take passport size photos because you will get a lot of student id cards that entitle you to discounts in shops and restaurant and on public transport. Take an umbrella and waterproof clothing because the weather can be unpredictable. Take some international adapter plugs because plug sockets are different in the UK. It's always a good idea to remember to take some cold and stomach medicine or buy some when you get to the UK.

2. All British students live in their own room and it is not possible to share a dormitory. Rooms vary in price according to their size. It is cheaper to share a bathroom than to have your own.

3. Study independently and strategically. Make sure what you're studying is appropriate to your assignments because they are what you will receive your grade for. For example, if you're given an essay to write, make sure you understand what the question is asking. Don't read too much, only read the information that is relevant to the assignment (using the index and bibliography), and begin writing as soon as possible so you have plenty of time to edit and correct your work. Use a spellcheck and a good online dictionary. Pay close attention to the style of writing a speaking used in your academic community and learn from your mistakes.

Admin
Admin

https://nottinghamfoundation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down