Nottingham Foundation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Careers

+7
Lu Siyu
Tiffany
Toby
wendy
Alicia
crystal
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty Discussion: Careers

Post  Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:53 pm

Dear all,

When you think about your future career, which of these things do you consider important:
1. The amount you earn.
2. The people you work with.
3. The amount of responsibility you have.
4. The variety of tasks you do.
5. The degree of challenge you have.
6. The job security you have.
7. The possibility of promotion/career development.
8. The number of hours you work.
9. The possibility of working flexible hours.

How do you think your degree course will prepare you for your career? Write down your thoughts on this thread.

Andrew

Admin
Admin

https://nottinghamfoundation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty Crystal's thoughts

Post  crystal Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:01 pm

First and foremost, I should think about the people I work with whether he can be in harmony with me and work together in high efficiently. Next, the number of work time couldn’t be more than nine hours, because there is a limit to a man’s energy, and I am not an exception. And I like to do my work when I am full of energy. Besides, I have high sense of responsibility, so I want do the best when I do something. In addition, I will not care about the money if I really love my job. But I need the boss who can guarantee of the security of me and provide more flexible work, because I still want to enjoy myself after work. Moreover, I hope that my job has challenge as well as the possibility of development. That’s all my thoughts, and I will try my best to make it.

crystal

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty My Thought about My Future Career

Post  Cheryl. Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm

In my view, all these things are important. But the amount of I earn, the amount of responsibility I have and the possibility of promotion development are the most important. There are some reasons are given.
First, if the amount of I earn is too low, my standard of living will decrease. I cannot use my wage to do something which I like, such as shopping, travelling and so on. My enthusiasm for my job will be reduced. I cannot put my heart and soul to work for my boss.
Second, there is no denying that the amount of responsibility is very important to me. If I do not have a sense of of responsibility, I cannot finish my tasks very well. My boss will question my ability to work. It isn’t benefit to my future career.
At last, I’d like to have a chance to improve my skills. The possibility of promotin development is important to me. I want to make myself better so that I will go out to do anything.

Cheryl.

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty Jenny's view

Post  Jenny.L Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Hello, I’m Jenny. In my view, there are a lot of things take the important part in my career. Maybe as you said, the amount you earn, the people you work with, the amount of responsibility you have and so on, they are the things which I care a lot about.
Maybe some people don’t care about the money they earn or they just don't have a close connection with money, but I think that you can improve you spiritual level only when you have a solid subsistence. And I really care the people who will work with me. I not only want to know someone who can help me in my career, but also want to make some good friends. You know, a person can’t live without friends today. Yes, I want to be a businesswoman or a merchant in the future. Maybe someone will think that it is unfit for a lady. But I like it very much so I don't feel terrible about it. And I want to earn more money as soon as possible so that I can have my own restaurant one day.
So I know that I have to work hard if I want to realize my dream. Good luck to me!

Jenny.L

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty alicia's opinion

Post  Alicia Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:15 pm

All these are important but in my opinion, the job security that I have is the most important one. As we all know, life is so fragile and everyone only have one life. We must take good care of our hard won lives. In other word, if we are not living, everything means nothing. Some people long for as much money as they want to have. But I believe that nobody wants to substitute life for money. Needless to say, everyone is afraid to die, but in the fiercely compete society, we must be grateful for what we had and struggle everyday. I am concerned about my job’s security, but that is not means I don not want to do anything. By taking my causes, I must come across many difficulties in many respects, but I can overcome any obstacles.

Alicia

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty Re: Discussion: Careers

Post  wendy Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:45 pm

All of these things are important but in I view, I interested in my career more as my passion than just a way of make a living. There is no denying that, I would care about the amount of I earn. If the amount of I earn is too low, I would feel anxious about my daily life. But if I choose a career which I am not interested in. I would feel boring and unhappiness even loses enthusiastic of my career. It is hard to keep balance between a career as a passion and a way of make a living. As far as I concerned I prefer to do my interested things and live a common life. I would choose my career as my passion in the future. It can make me feel relaxed and every day in my life will become colorful and rich in variety.

wendy

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty Career

Post  Toby Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:47 pm

As far as I am concerned, the career is of paramount importance to me. In my view, when I am young, I do not care about the number of hours I work or the variety of tasks I do. I consider the degree of challenge I have and the possibility of career development. I want to meet a lot of challenges, because they can improve my ability and help me develop my career. When I grow older, I will think more things. First, I think the job security I have is the most important. At the condition of the security, I also consider the amount I earn and the number of hours I work. Because of the health, maybe I cannot do a lot of work and I need to more flexible time to rest. But no matter how much free time the job can give me, it must be interesting firstly. In order to get a job that I expect, I will work hard and get a postgraduate degree. And I believe that getting a PhD will spent too much time. I want to make a contribution to the society as soon as possible. Maybe I will meet numerous challenges, but I still exert all my powers to realize my dream.

Toby

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty My thoughts on future career

Post  Tiffany Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:22 pm

If I choose my future career, I may consider my interest first because if I choose one job, I may need to take it for a very long time. What if I have no interest in my career? Maybe someone else think the money you earn is most important. As far as I am concerned, it is partly true because money can not bring enjoyments to you. The interest can bring me passion. Only when I have interest can I put all effort in my career.
As for my degree course, I think it is useful to my career. We use some office skills when we are finishing our homework. These skills we gained are also of a necessity in our future career.

Tiffany

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Thank you for your thoughts so far. Keep them coming and encourage your classmates to log in to this website and contribute their ideas too. Smile

Admin
Admin

https://nottinghamfoundation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty In my view

Post  Tayler Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi , I am Tayler. in my view that if let me choose the career in the future now, i think i have no ideas.you can imagine, this world whatever and whereever both have changes, everyone have not able to konw what happen in the tomorrow. but i have had a dream. it is a bussinessman. i also can try hard for this forever.the main reason is to earn more money. Second view is that it is important to make more really friends.An old Chinese saying goes, depond on parents inside,depond on friends outside. I believed without a successful person don't have many friends,even you have the outstanding ability, but you have no really friends, you will not be cuccees.or rather, if you don't have outstanding abilities, but you have an increasing number of friends in your side, you will have more big chance be succees.
So,according to the above-mentioned Suggestions, i think if you want to succeed in the career, you must have two thins, dream and friends.

Tayler

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty My Career

Post  ZhaoShuo Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:30 pm

I tend to Tsinghua University with a hope for. Not only I wish to learn English well, but also I want to make friends with others. Because if I want to be successful, I must have a large number of friends, it very useful for me. I like to be a politician. That is my dream.

ZhaoShuo

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty My career

Post  LANE Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Each person's life has different experiences and palns. In my life, I also have a lot of changes.In my view, I want to become a politician. I wanted to use their own ability to serve the people. The man who has not fought his way upward and does not bear the scar of desperate conflict does not know the highest meaning of success. I'll stick with my dream.

LANE

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty LuSiyu‘s opinions about this topic

Post  Lu Siyu Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:31 pm

There are numerous of factors which would influence my choices on the future career. What I regard as important are mainly related to the tasks, the environment, and the possibility of the career development. Because in my point of view, what a person chooses to be one’s career must be something that he or she has interests in. For me, for example, I may want to be a businesswoman in the future. So something like the money I can get or working hours actually depend on me. As a businesswoman, I must take responsibilities for the people who work with me and deal with lots of tasks about my business every day. It would be quite challenging and unsecure. I believe that my degree course in Nottingham would help me a lot, as what we can learn in the university is not only theoretical knowledge, but something we can really apply in our career development. Whether my career will develop or not is primarily determined by how hard I work, or rather, how much I can learn. So in order to achieve my dream, I am required to work hard now. study

Lu Siyu

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty Cynthia's view.

Post  Cynthia Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:55 pm

In my view, the most important things for my careers are 1. people you work with. 2. The possibility of promotion/career development. 3. The possibility of working flexible hours.
First, I want to work with someone who has responsibility and creative ability. I don't think the most important thing is how much money I can get, the most important thing is I work together with other people to get happiness and sense of achievement.
Then, I want to live better in the future. So I think highly of career development very much. It is a basic condition that I can get better life. In other words, if I had a good career development, that means can prove my work ability by this way.
Last but not least, I like free. I want to get a kind of work that I can control time by myself. Every day is a new day; I don't like every day is same, just like yesterday. My ideal life is everyday has challenges and surprises.

Cynthia

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty poy's opinion

Post  poy. Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:25 pm

In consideration of the fact that fresh university graduates far out number limited employment opportunities available. It’s extremely challenging for us to land a decant job on account of fierce competition in the matter jobs that promise a stable source of income are thus even fewer.
So, what I care most may be the job security I have and the number of hours you work. Because I am the only child in my family and I need to support my family. I also have the responsibility to take care of my parents, so the number of hours I work can not be too long.
I enjoy challenges in my career development, it can make me know my shortcomings and make progress. In that case, I will be the suitable one and will not be replaced.

poy.

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty My opinion about futrue career

Post  Tony Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:50 pm

In my opinion. All the questions on the top are what I care about. The first thing I care most is the variety of tasks I do. I think various of tasks can improve my working passion. That can make me work better. The second I care about is the possibility of promotion development. I think the purpose can make me work more hard.
English is the most widely language all over the world. So, learn English is quite important.

Tony

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty The consider about my future career

Post  Elvira H Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:13 am

There are many factors will influence my choice of future career. In my perception the most important is the tasks which I have to accomplish. If I was interested in the tasks, it will be easy for me to finish them. But if I feel bored with the taskes, it will be difficult for me to accomplish them. And I believe if I really enjoy these tasks I would not worried about I will lost the job because I enjoy the job and I will try my best. And the same to the number of hours I work and the challenges I may face. Next is the people I work with. I think a good environment is significant for everyone. A good work environment will make people feel happy when they work. As we all know when we work the teamwork is very important. The environment may change people to some degree. The third one is amount I earn. When I grow up I need money to live on my own. It is a realistic thing that almost every one has to consider about it. Although there may many factors will influence my future career, I will work hard with all my heart and soul.

Elvira H

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty My future career

Post  Shizhenrong Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:50 am

When it comes to my future career, it must be many factors that I should consider. The most important factor is the job that I really like. As we all known, the interest is the best teacher. If we choose a job that we don’t like, we cannot devote ourselves to do the job. There is no denying that every one wants to get a high-paid job, so am I. If I want to get a high-paid job, I will get a high degree. For me, I think I should get postgraduate degree at least. Next, I hope my colleagues are very kind, so that I can get along with them. In my opinion, I think the comfy relations are very important for us to finish our tasks. If we work in a suppression atmosphere, we will not work with all heart and soul. Also, the job security need I consider. A stable career is important for me, because I do not like drifting about outside.
All in all, the factor which I mentioned before plays an important role in my career choosing.

Shizhenrong

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty my career

Post  julie Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:38 pm

The most important aspects that people care about for career is interest and amount, in order to survival in the society, you need the salary. And if you want fulfill your dream then you may choose another way. Sometimes it’s hard to balance dream and reality. This phenomenon is more seriously in china. In some area, the standard to assess one person is the amount he or she could earn. Dream seems meaningless.
In my view, dream is the guidance for our life. And money could be the energy. energy push we to the success, and the dream told us the direction. As to me, both of them are important. There is no need to compare it. What we should to do is put them on a equal position. Accept the reality but don’t forget your interest and dream.

julie

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Careers Empty winken's mind of career

Post  Winken Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm

If you ask me what is my most favorite job, I will answer you that I want to become a businessman. I want to pay for my homeland, I think if I have much money, I will have more power to finish my dream. I want to work with the people who have a high talent or have the same aim as me. In the sea of business, there are a lot of tasks. For examples, the competition of peers, the challenge of market, and the choice of partner. They are not all important, and are valuable to try my best to solve them. I think because I am a boss, I will do for my job for 24 hours one day. I will have a good development if the company grew up well. If not, I will be possible to lose my job. I think I will enjoy my job!

Winken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down