Nottingham Foundation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about Britain

2 posters

Go down

question about Britain Empty question about Britain

Post  crystal Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:56 pm

I have heard that the table manner is very important for British. Is it right? Whether there are other manners we don’t know but we should follow. Please tell us so we can avoid something bad in abroad. At last, I hope you can enjoy yourself in your motherland.

crystal

Back to top Go down

question about Britain Empty Re: question about Britain

Post  Admin Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:59 pm

Table manners are important when you eat in a restaurant or when you dine around a table at someone's house. You should avoid eating noisily or talking with your mouthful. It is polite to wait until everyone has recieved their food before starting to eat yours, or at least ask permission before you start ("may I start"?). When you've had enough food, you should put your knife and fork together on your plate. It is polite to wait until everyone has finished eating before leaving the table. In a restaurant you should not shout or signal to the waiter or waitress, you can attract their attention simply by making eye contact with them. When you're waiting to be served in a fast food restaurant or pub, you should wait patiently and not push into the queue. If you're happy with the service, you may leave a 'tip', usually about 10% of the cost of your meal. This is only done in restaurants where you are served at a table, not in fast food restaurants or pubs.

Andrew

Admin
Admin

https://nottinghamfoundation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down