Nottingham Foundation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jim's homework about Britain

Go down

Jim's homework about Britain Empty Jim's homework about Britain

Post  jim Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Dear andrew:
i have aleady known the geography of britain and i am interested in chinese mythology so i want to know something about britain mythology. does it different from chinese mythology? and what is the difference?

jim

Back to top Go down

Jim's homework about Britain Empty Re: Jim's homework about Britain

Post  Admin Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi Jim,

There are a lot of differences but I'm not familiar enough with Chinese mythology to be able to tell you exactly what they are. I know that mythical creatures like dragons and vampires are totally different in British mythology from how they are in Chinese mythology. The earliest known British legend is the story of Beowulf, which you can find online in modern English translation. In the middle ages (1154-1485), storytelling flourished. There were countless tales of the heroic adventures of brave knights. Popular legends such as Robin Hood and King Arthur originally come from this period of history and you can find books and films about them, all of which tell the story slightly diffrently.

Andrew

Admin
Admin

https://nottinghamfoundation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down